Thursday, April 14, 2011

Georgia on My Mind

In honor of our journey north, I thought I'd share some of the things I am going to miss here in Georgia.

First, I am going to miss the humidity. As strange as this sounds, I really enjoy August afternoon walks through the neighborhood when the temperatures are in the high 90's with high 90% humidity.
I am going to miss our house.
\\
When we first moved here, it was way too big for us, but when the midgets joined us and became mobile, it was nice to have the room downstairs for them to play.
I am going to miss the Mega Churches here.

 This is Woodstock First Baptist Church and it is huge! They have a very nice playground for little people too! I don't have a picture of it, but I am going to miss the crosses draped in purple cloth that are out around Easter time! It is a beautiful sight to see!

I am going to miss all the Waffle Houses! Always two per exit!

Eating at a Waffle House should be on everyone's bucket list!
I am going to miss Zoo Atlanta. It has become one of my most favorite places to take the kids! We bought a membership and were able to visit once a week! We did buy a zoo membership to the Toronto Zoo, so the kids can see Polar Bears instead of Panda Bears.

I am going to miss the dogwood trees!

This is one of the many in our yard!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how our houses are all too big until we have kids, then they somehow become just ok, or too small. Love the memories, one day you can show your kids this post and they can see little pieces of what their beggining life was like! Hope Canada treats you as well as Georgia!!!

    ReplyDelete