Sunday, September 11, 2011

Richmond Hill Live Steamers

We found this place by accident last week coming home from the petting farm.
http://richmond-hill-live-steamers.tripod.com/
Waiting for the train to take off

patiently waiting our turn

Getting excited to ride the train

one of the miniature trains

the train we rode on

Riding the train

Mom and dad trying to hold on!
Googled it and saw they were having an open house this week. Not knowing exactly what it was, we decided to take the kids there. I am glad we did, all though the lines were long, a good time was had by all. I had never heard of miniature steam trains before! Who knew small trains could haul so much weight around! One of the trains we didn't get to ride looked really fast and carried 2 people besides the conductor.

 
This train is one that carried two people plus the conductor.





Along the side of the tracks, they had built models of the towns all built to scale. It was awesome!
I was really proud of the kids, they did an awesome job patiently waiting in line for their turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment