I am a bad mother. This is the first year we have carved pumpkins for the kids. I know, just because I really don't care for the holiday, there should be no reason they shouldn't. So off to the store we went to get their first pumpkins. And honestly, I think Jayson enjoyed this much more than the kids. Yeah, they were excited with the whole "let's make a happy pumpkin" idea, but not so much the deed. They split after the faces were drawn on and so Jayson carved (not that I wanted them near a sharp knife!) and I cleaned. And all I kept hearing was how icky it was.
Here are the finished pumpkins. As happy as we could make them. But really, who wants to see a happy face on Halloween? This is the one day you try to scare yourself!
After we left our friends Ken and Heather's house with all of Kallee's wonderful and glorious (Caitlin's words, not mine!) dress up clothes, all I have heard was I need a costume mom! So as you could guess, we were toast when a catalog showed up in the mail advertising the local costume shop. Of course, she wanted every princess costume. Connor, I don't think cared too much.
So daddy went by the costume store on his way home from taking my car and ordering snow tires (yes, I said snow tires) and bought them these costumes. We tried to hide the bag, but they found them anyway. Of course they had to wear them!
So Connor will be dressed as Lightening McQueen. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has met the kid. And Caitlin will be Belle. I am thinking we got her name wrong.
And poor Caitlin! Wanting to dance and the only one that she could find that would was her Rapunzel barbie doll! They danced and danced!
And on a side story, Caitlin has decided she really really likes taking pictures with my camera! She gotta hold of it this morning while I was making breakfast and took a lot of pictures of the house. I am seeing and understanding how they see things. Never mind the finger!
Of course, I have a lot of pictures of her feet. This midget sure likes her toes.
If you are not careful, you will get a foot in the face with her yelling "tickle my feet please!" I hope she develops a phobia of people touching her feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment