I had this brilliant idea. I would take the kids to the Boo at the Zoo, we'd march in their parade, and go Trick or Treating and have a very enjoyable day at the zoo. Well, it didn't go as planned. Caitlin, who has been wearing her costume daily has decided she doesn't want to wear it anywhere. Connor, I don't think he cares one way or another. He just wanted to see some animals.
Here the kids are watching the peacocks. I would have thought that the 45 degrees would have been a little too cold for them, but I guess I was wrong.
Caitlin took this picture of the peacock. She loves them and tries to give them hugs.
Here they are watching the other little kids walk pass in their costumes.
The trees are still changing colors up here. Toronto Zoo is located in the Rogue River park. It is gorgeous!
Looking at the pumpkins. I tried to get them to sit and let me take their picture, but I was informed they didn't want to smile anymore!
Yeah, still not cooperating with the whole picture thing.
Inside a teepee. This is the first time we had actually went in. I think they enjoyed running around inside.
Because it was a little chilly out today, the Artic Wolves were out and very active today. I think they have become one of my favorite animals. Connor likes them too, and was telling everyone that passed by what they were! Smart Boy!
The kids love the movie Tangled. So every time we visit the zoo, they want to see Pascal. He doesn't look like he likes being called Pascal.
Another favorite animal of ours is the elephants. I think the kids just like sitting on the cement elephants.
The secret to keeping one of the kids from running wild? Make them hold hands.
The American Eagle has a maimed wing and wouldn't survive in the wild. He is a beautiful animal and as we were walking away from admiring him, he was talking up a storm!
So although we weren't in any costumes, we still were able to trick or treat. The kids came home with a pencil, an Addams family tattoo, a yo-yo and stickers! Score!
Maybe next year they will actually want to wear their costumes!
No comments:
Post a Comment