Anyway, both are staring to move around a lot more. Caitlin will push herself onto her knees and move backwards. Connor is rolling over by himself a lot more. I am afraid that once he sees what Caitlin can do, it will only be a matter of time before he starts. The vet told us on Saturday that Kaiser is what they consider a geriatric dog. He is 8 years old, and for a dog his size, that makes him one extremely old man. His hips just aren't what they used to be. He is starting to show signs of aging. We like to take him to the off leash dog park on Sunday's, where he has a lot of fun trying to chase and keep up with the younger dogs. Sometimes, we come home and he will sleep for the next two days. But he really enjoys himself and that is the most important thing. Caitlin has turned into his B.B.F. (best baby friend). She likes to touch his head like she is petting him, and whenever she sees him enter the room, she gets a really big smile on her face and starts to jump around. Kaiser searches the room for her and will go over and stay by her side. I knew he'd be okay with the kids, but he is awesome with them. Really, I couldn't ask for a better dog.
This is Kaiser checking to make sure Connor was okay. When we were waiting for the kids to get here, we had finished their room upstairs. We left the door open one night, the next morning we found Kaiser asleep between the two cribs. When we moved them upstairs into their cribs at night, Kaiser would wake up and go upstairs with me to check on them. See I told you he was awesome!
Your dog is so sweet. Our dog runs when she sees Ethan enter the room. But sometimes I do too! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is pretty gentle especially for being 137 pounds! He is very protective of them too! He will not let people walk up to the front door anymore, and will usually stand between other people and the kids. I think that when they are able to chase him, he'll stay away from them.
ReplyDelete